As a disclaimer, I generally don't play drinking games as I like to savor the beers I drink, but I found myself take sips of beer after many of the items on the list below, which was the inspiration for this post.
Most of my time has been spent in the Live the Life mode and the Anniversary mode (which is just simple fun). I may expand this later for GM mode after I get some time playing with that.
Take a drink when...
- ...you or your teammate bobbles a clean pass
- ...you or your teammate pass like a drunk beer leaguer
- ...you audibly compare the NHL game to your beer league game
- ...drink again if anyone listening to you agrees
- ...you use the poke check button and get called for tripping
- ...you accuse the computer of diving
- ...you use the sticklift command and get called for high sticking
- ...your opponent can poke check and stick lift freely
- ...you get into a stupid post hit fight
- ...drink again if you probably deserved it
- ...you can't start a stupid post hit fight
- ...you get into a fight defending a teammate
- ...the announcers make a mistake about the score, the order of scoring, etc.
- ...the game shows a weird statistic (like 1/3 on the PP with 0 shots)
- ...you swear at the game
- Note: I'd recommend drinking lower ABV beers if you follow this rule
- ...you drop your controller (in anger or the "I'm a badass mic drop after a sweet breakaway move" (just as a random example, not saying I did that in overtime of a playoff game or anything))
- ...your teammates won't pass to you if you're wide open unless you call for it
- ...they even ignore you when you call for it
- ...they only finally make the pass when three defenders have converged to cover you
- ...you get ripped off on ice time compared to your line mates
- ...you get sent to the minors
- ... and you're in the top 3 forwards in scoring at the time
- ... and you're in the top 2 defensemen in scoring at the time
- You play like crap in the minors and but still get called up
- ...your game task is frustrating and completing it might hurt your team
- ...you play online and someone says something dumb or rude
- drink two if it's both
- ...you score a glitch goal
- ...the computer scores a glitch goal
- ...you are annoyed/complain about 23 but not 22
- ...you're playing online and someone is doing this (or a variant). (If this happens, hit me up on twitter or in the comments.
Note: Please don't drink and drive. Know when you've had enough to drink and stop. And, finally, realize this is for humor value, not to drink yourself into oblivion.